Owning a car means the responsibility of maintenance, care, and upkeep. A feeling of accomplishment comes with treating your car well, especially when you notice that your vehicle is having issues. Those problematic signs may indicate that your vehicle needs car repair service in Snohomish. Cars require attention and awareness, so anything negative that you notice could mean a visit to Conaway Motors for an inspection, at the least.
Some signs that your car might need service and repairs include:
- Whisps of smoke or a burning smell come from under the hood.
- Noisy, squeaky, or grinding brakes.
- Sluggish starts, slow accelerations, and increased difficulty picking up speed with forward momentum.
- Jerky, slow movements when shifting gears in a car with a manual transmission (or frequent stalls).
- The Check Engine light comes on.
- Other warning lights come on (Service Engine, Brake Control/ABS, or Battery/Alternator).
Your dashboard lights are there to let you know when and where you may have a problem with your automobile. Be attentive! Don’t ignore the warning signs.
How Often Does Your Car Need Routine Services?
On average, the standard manufacturing consensus is that cars will need general inspection and service every 12,000 miles or once a year, whichever comes first. There are also service intervals for tune-ups every 30,000 miles.
For frequent drivers, such as career commuters (mail carriers, truck drivers, etc.), cars should be serviced, at a minimum, every six months to ensure proper function. You don’t want to be doing your job and be stranded somewhere because you forgot to have your work car serviced on a routine schedule.
We at Conaway Motors know our way around car repair service in Snohomish. Our wide range of specialties includes engines, transmissions, brakes, and basically everything mechanical on both older and modern vehicles. You can depend on us! Give us a call at (425) 905-2424 to schedule routine car maintenance or inspections for an issue.