Whether you’ve always driven a Mercedes, or are new to the world of Benz, the scheduled services can be confusing. The Mercedes Service Specialists at Carson Cars recognize this confusion and believe that every car owner is entitled to a clear picture of what to expect when a Scheduled Service is performed.
For all Mercedes models, the ‘A’ Service, performed by the Everett Mercedes Specialists at Carson Cars includes the following:
- Oil and filter change
- Inspect brake pads, front and rear
- Inspect all fluids (windshield washer, transmission, brake, etc.) and top-off or replace as indicated
- Inspect entire vehicle for any fluid leaks and repair any problems as indicated
- Check operation of all exterior lights and repair/replace as indicated
- Reset ‘Service’ indicator light in dashboard
- 1998 – 2003: the first Service ‘A’ should be performed when you have driven 10,000 miles, and at 20,000 mile intervals.
- Post 2003: the first Service ‘A’ extended to 13,000 miles, and at 26,000 mile intervals (ie. 13K, 39K, 65K, etc.).
- Service 1
For all Mercedes models, the ‘B’ Service, performed by the Everett Mercedes Specialists at Carson Cars includes Service ‘A’ plus the following:
- Rotate tires
- Replace air filter(s) – engine, cabin air, etc.
- Replace wiper blades
- 44k Fuel Additive
- MOA oil additive
- Computer diagnostic service
- Software updates, as indicated
- Inspect exterior for worn components, and replace/repair as indicated
- Check interior lights and replace bulb(s)/repair circuit(s) as indicated
- Check climate control – heater, defrost and air conditioning
- Inspect for leaks in the engine, transmission, power steering, and cooling system
‘B’ Service is performed at the following intervals:
- 1998 – 2003: 20,000 miles
- Post 2003: 26,000 miles
The ‘B’ Services are performed between the ‘A’ Services, so that a service is performed at every interval (10,000 miles or 13,000 miles). Sometimes, this is referred to as Service-2, D-Service, F-Service.
- ‘A’ Service or ‘B’ Service (for example, at 30K, the first (26K) ‘B’ Service will have just been performed; or if your car is pre-2003, it will coincide with the second ‘A’ Service.
- On Board Diagnostic (OBD) test and indicated repairs
- For diesel models, valve adjustment
- Inspect brakes (pads and rotors) front and back
- Inspect suspension system and repair/adjust as indicated
- Inspect drive train
- Inspect all belts and repair/replace as indicated
- Test battery and replace as indicated