Factory-scheduled tune-up services at the 30k, 60k, 90k mile mark are standard, and pretty much every car owner is familiar with these and why they’re necessary. You’ll also know that they can be expensive. Did you know that Conaway Motors offers frequent general specials and discounts and personalized car service offers to help out? The next time you need factory-scheduled maintenance like a 90k mile tune-up service in Lake Stevens, call Conaway Motors first!
Are you in between 30-60-90k tune-up services? No problem. Here are tips on how to maintain your car to extend its life:
Tips To Maintain Your Car
- Drive your car at least twice a week to keep the battery charged.
- Remember to switch off electricals when you’re not using your car to avoid draining your battery.
- Rotate your tires (switch their places) and follow the manufacturer’s specifications for load and air pressure.
- Check your brake, transmission, engine oil, radiator coolant, and other fluids between services.
- DIY interior cleaning and protective cream application to keep your car’s insides in tip-top shape. When in a pinch, use olive oil.
- Wash your car’s exterior twice a week and wax it at least twice a year. Don’t have wax? Use hair conditioner as it contains the same ingredients as car wax!
- Protect your car’s exteriors from damage due to exposure to the elements—park under a tree, use a car cover, or make space in your garage.
- Avoid harsh cleaners on your car’s glass and repair chips and cracks immediately.
- Keep your cooling and heating system in good working condition—clear out any debris, dirt, leaves, etc. and replace or clean filters regularly.
- Drive better – avoid the quick zigs and zags, apply breaks more delicately, slow down for speed bumps, and turn smoother.
Cars often need a tender touch—take it from a family-owned business that’s been around for over six decades. Whether you’re experiencing any car trouble or require a 90k mile tune-up service in Lake Stevens, call Conaway Motors at (425) 905-2424! We’re sure to leave you satisfied and your car running as good as new.