The best way to avoid needing auto service in Lake Stevens is to know how your vehicle performs and avoid common problems. This can help you keep your costs down, but visit the us when you need auto repair or service!
You want to avoid postponing maintenance because this can lead to serious issues. You may notice poor fuel economy, unreliability, or costly breakdowns, but it can also lead to invalidating your warranty.
Protecting Your Auto Repair Investment
No two warranties are not the same, which means you need to understand what is covered by your particular warranty. Warranties can include various aspects, such as
- Limitations on time
- Businesses authorized to perform warranty work
- Special procedures are required to obtain reimbursement.
Auto service basics also include service contracts. Vehicle manufacturers or independent companies issue these. Not all service contracts are the same, similar to warranties. The prices vary and usually are negotiable. You should consider:
- The repairs to be covered
- If coverage overlaps coverage with your other warranty
- Your deductible
- Where the repairs are to be performed
- Procedures required to file a claim
- Whether repair costs are paid directly by the company to the repair shop
How to Spot Trouble
Looks Like Trouble
- Yellowish green, pastel blue, or florescent orange colors of fluids
- Dark brown or black oily fluid
- Red oily spot
Smells Like Trouble
- The smell of burned toast
- The smell of rotten eggs
- Thick acrid odor
- The smell of gasoline vapors after a failed start
Sounds Like Trouble
Squeaks, squeals, rattles, rumbles, pings, and other sounds mean there is a problem. If you hear any of these, you must take your car into auto service.