Having a loud muffler is something that some people do to make their car seem more appealing, but in reality, having an exhaust system that needs help is no laughing matter. Not only can broken exhaust parts hurt your vehicle, but they can cause toxic gasses to seep out and affect your emissions. There are many reasons why you may need a muffler & exhaust repair service in Bothell, but it is much better to know sooner rather than later.
Different Parts of Your Exhaust System
- The exhaust valve and piston: Force exhaust fumes out from the combustion chamber.
- Exhaust manifold: Oxygen sensors are in this location.
- Catalytic converter: Converts toxins to carbon dioxide. Makes for cleaner emissions.
- Exhaust pipe: Carries the cleaner exhaust gasses out to the muffler.
- Muffler: Reduces the noise of combustion.
- Tailpipe: Where the exhaust leaves the vehicle.
Muffler and Exhaust
Your muffler is meant to reduce the noises of the engine combustion and the leaving of exhaust gasses. After going through the exhaust valve and exhaust manifold, it will then continue to at least one catalytic converter, finally to the muffler and the tailpipe. You may need to have a muffler & exhaust repair service to find out what is wrong with this part of your vehicle’s system.
Cost of a Muffler
Various prices may come up when you go through a muffler & exhaust repair service. The most important thing to note is that this is a dangerous piece of equipment if not in good working order; although some costs of a muffler can be as low as $30, it can range up to $500 depending on the condition and vehicle.